Mission of Pastoral Services & Education
Pastoral Services & Education is committed to providing patients, their families, and hospital staff with an experience of support, compassion, and kindness inspired by the presence of the Divine.
Always an advocate, the chaplain promotes religious, spiritual and emotional well-being through the sacred art of healing.
Sustaining in times of crisis, discovering hope and possibility, attending to the needs of the human spirit, offering worship and reflection, educating the community about diverse beliefs and practices, we offer each person the promise that they will be treated with dignity and respect.
The Chaplains of Pastoral Services & Education are part of the care team for our patients and families:
• Available in-house 24 hours, 7 days
• Trained in inter-faith/multi-faith ministry
• Adept at meeting religious and spiritual needs
• Skilled in responding helpfully to crises
• Ready to help patients and families to access internal and external resources for their healing
Religious Spiritual Resources at NMH
• Chapels: 2nd Floor Feinberg and 3rd Floor Prentice, both open 24 hours
• Religious Literature: Scripture - Bible (English, Spanish, large print), Koran, Jewish and Christian devotional pamphlets
• Ritual Resources: Sabbath candles and Challah (Jewish), Communion (Catholic, Protestant), Prayer rugs (Muslim), Anointing, sacraments
• Multi-faith services: Friday, 12:30 p.m., Sunday, 10:00 a.m. Chapel in Feinberg
• Services for special religious holidays
You may call Pastoral Services from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at (312) 926-2028
if you need immediate assistance please.ask a healthcare professional to page a chaplain.